Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blanc Burgers and Bottles

On our way home from Chad's funeral, I decided to stop at McFosters for Carissa.  We drove right by Blanc, and remembered they had a vega burger, so I got lucky and was able to eat here.  The burger of the day, Brunch Burger which is a beef patty, crusted in coffee, yes, coffee, along with bacon and a fried egg on top.  This is probably the best burger I have had in Omaha.  I consider myself a burger connoisseur, so when you ask me about burgers, I know.  It was perfectly cooked medium and sprinkled with some green onions on the egg.  ($10)  My wife ordered the vegan burger, which is a lentil burger, had arugula and she opted out of the yogurt sauce since she is vegan and not a vegetarian.  We then ordered the onion rings ($5).  Pretty spendy since I think we only got 5 rings.  They had lots of different bottles of soda, as well as beers and beer on tap.  We didn't try any of the different bottles, but did have a good eating experience even though we both wanted more onion rings.  We will definitely be back, maybe with a bit more money to try the truffle fries, and a couple of different bottles.
Check them out.  More than I want to spend on a burger, but after the first bite, you don't mind.

Blanc Burgers+Bottles
3157 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68131
402.502.3686
http://www.blancburgers.com

Coffee crusted with fried egg

Perfectly cooked, medium with bacon, fried egg and green onions.


Onion Rings

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 `Opu Nui=BIG STOMACH. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by