Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nico's @ Pier 38


So I watched the Triple D with Guy when he visited Hawaii. One of his stops was at Nico's on the Pier so I thought I better check them out. They have a counter inside where you order and pick up your food, then go outside under sorta a big patio and eat on the tables and chairs outside. It was a Monday lunch time, and was very crowded. I found parking, and walked into order. I had no idea what to get, so just picked the first thing on their menu, or their most sold "plate-lunch." THis was a Furikake Ahi. Cooked to order, just like a steak. I ordered medium rare, but got more medium well. Had brown rice and toss salad, instead of white and mac. Plate was good, but I was wanting more fish at the end of the meal. Brown rice, was well, brown not really dry like some places, but only about 1.5 scoops, verses other places that give you a hearty 2 scoops, and the toss salad was good mixed greens, with a house dressing. The fish since it was a bit over cooked was somewhat dry, so I used the tarter sauce, which I would normally never use on ahi, and it was boring. Not much too it, some mayo, and maybe pickle juice and some
I need to go back and try some of the other specials. The double cheeseburger sounds great, as well as the loco moco. Here are a couple of shots from my lunch. Looks good huh? Closed on Sundays-big bummer.




Zoomed in shot of the plate.


Nico's Pier 38
Monday - Friday
6:30am - 5:00pm

· Saturday ·
6:30am - 2:30pm

1133 N. Nimitz HWY
Honolulu, HI 96817
--
Tel: 540-1377
Fax: 540-1376

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 `Opu Nui=BIG STOMACH. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by