Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Village Inn-Scottsdale, AZ

I was fortunate enough to go on a trip to Arizona to help out with my mom and dad visiting the Mayo clinic for some medical needs. What I love about traveling is going to all the different eateries there, which we don't have in Hawaii. My first breakfast stop was the Village Inn. We had many of these in Nebraska where I attended college, but never really took advantage of a good breakfast place. See here in Hawaii we have 2 places in Mililani where I live, Zippys, and the Mililani Golf Course. Each has their own specialties, however, nothing like a big breakfast to get you going and out of the jet-lag feeling.
This Village was right next to our hotel. We walked up, and was seated right away. My dad ordered a 3 meat skillet, which had sausage, bacon and ham along with 2 eggs, over some homestyle potatoes, and 3 fluffy pancakes on the side. My mom ordered the french toast-and just ate eggs from my dad's plate. I ordered the Country skillet which had loads of potatoes, covered with country sausage and gravy, then smothered with scrambled eggs, and a side of 3 pancakes (see picture below). Wow! What a way to start of the day. Besides Dennys (we have 2 in Hawaii) there are not many places where you can get breakfast around the clock. Well Jack in the Box does it, but who wants fast food all the time?
With breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I think maybe it's time to open a new place here, diner style, just to have my breakfast fix, and maybe draw more people in and make a little dough....




Oh did I also mention they have great pies too!


Here is the info for the Village Inn, in Scottsdale on Pima and Shea


Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:00am to 12:am
Friday-Saturday 5:00am to 2:00am
10652 North 89th Place, Scottsdale, AZ 85260-6753
480-451-1962

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 `Opu Nui=BIG STOMACH. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by