Thursday, May 29, 2008

You Hungry- Lunch Wagon

This white lunch wagon sits on the corner of South and Halekawila St. Prices range from $4.25 for a mini to $6.75 for a regular. I have tried both the garlic chicken (regular $5.75) and the garlic ahi with sweet wasabi sauce ($6.75). Your choice of brown or white rice, mac or toss salad, at no extra charge. There are many other things on the menu, like a Hawaiian Steak, pork adobo, hamburger steak, mushroom chicken, and fried poke, just to name a few.
The garlic ahi was great. Lightly breaded and fried, then covered with a sweet and spicy wasabi sauce then with black sesame seeds. The mac salad is sometimes pretty plain, with small bits of carrots and celery to add color. I think I will opt for the toss salad next time.
Sorry no picture, I was too hungry to take one, and when I figured out how much I liked it, it was too late. I will definitely go back and get a picture and phone number and update this blog.

If you are in the town area, I highly recommend trying out this little lunch stop.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 `Opu Nui=BIG STOMACH. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by